[Webinar Recap] Data Privacy Deep Dive: Evolving Regulations & Best Practices
Our Data Privacy Deep Dive Webinar Series has begun! In the first episode, FormAssembly Creative Manager, Maggie Tharp, and AdvancED Consulting Owner, Meredith Curry, kicked off the series with an overview of 2019 data privacy trends. They discussed the evolution of the GDPR, CCPA, and other data privacy regulations, as well as best practices you can implement within your own organization to ensure compliance.
If you missed this data privacy webinar, be sure to check out our recap below or enter your information to replay the broadcast.
Data Privacy Trends in 2019: Evolving Regulations
To start the webinar, Maggie and Meredith shared information about FormAssembly and AdvancED Consulting’s expertise, as well as their ties to the data privacy world. They discussed the recent evolution of GDPR, CCPA, and other regulations, and shared some of the most important data privacy trends to keep in mind:
- As GDPR evolves and data privacy becomes more crucial than ever, several large organizations worldwide have been hit with multi-million dollar fines for violations.
- 2019 has been referred to as “the year of enforcement,” meaning that professionals all over the world should expect close monitoring and bigger fines from regulatory agencies.
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), which is similar to the GDPR, will go into effect in the United States on January 1, 2020. The CCPA features a broader definition of what constitutes personal information and will allow individuals to sue organizations for data breaches affecting their data.
- Similar data privacy regulations are on the horizon for New York and Texas, and there’s even been talk of data privacy legislation at a federal level.
With so many regulations evolving, it’s crucial for every organization to exercise data privacy awareness to prepare for future legislation — even if they’re not legally required to yet.
Data Privacy Best Practices
Next, Maggie and Meredith discuss some of the most impactful ways that your organization can enforce data privacy as regulations become more strict worldwide. These best practices include:
- Analyzing data and uses
- Developing short- and long-term plans
- Implementing and evaluating short- and long-term plans
- Using a secure, CCPA and GDPR compliant platform like FormAssembly to collect customer data
Data privacy regulations are ramping up worldwide, and major legislation could affect your own organization in the near future. It’s vital to ensure that your organization is mindful of these data privacy trends as you gather customer data. Using a compliant data collection platform can simplify data privacy for your organization. Learn more about our Compliance Cloud today!
Ready to dive deeper into data privacy knowledge so you can better protect your organization and customers? Tune into the webinar and sign up to attend upcoming webinars in the Data Privacy Deep Dive series!