Learn the pros and cons of leveraging internal IT resources vs. investing in a third-party solution.
Let’s face it—IT teams have a lot on their plate, regardless of industry. From managing security to infrastructure to support requests and beyond, there’s always a lot going on. Fortunately, there are ways to automate essential data collection processes by implementing tech solutions. But when your IT team is looking for the best solution, another question arises—is it better to build a custom solution internally from the ground up, or to outsource with a third-party software?
There is no right answer to this question, but you can make an informed decision by weighing out the pros and cons based on your organization’s specific data collection needs. In many cases, the more efficient and economical option is to invest in a ready-to-use software. This resource will help you decide which path forward—to buy or to build—is right for you.
What you’ll learn
In this resource, you’ll learn:
- Important potential roadblocks to consider before choosing to build a solution internally
- How to determine which situations call for ready-to-use software
- Which option will help you save the most time, resources, and money depending on your situation
- How to save time for your IT team so you can focus on the most important projects
- How investing in a third-party solution can deliver better security measures and customization