FormAssembly Teammate Highlight: Jaret Manuel
How well do you know the awesome people behind FormAssembly? This series is the place to learn all about our awesome team members. This week we’re profiling Jaret Manuel, Director of Partnerships & Strategic Alliances.
Name: Jaret Manuel
Title: Director of Partnerships & Strategic Alliances
With FormAssembly Since: November 2012
1. What interested you about FormAssembly in the first place?
I saw in an “Ask Hacker News: Who’s Hiring” post that FormAssembly was in search of their first sales hire, ideally someone with some Salesforce experience. I had previously worked at Salesforce and the FormAssembly position allowed me to work remote out of Toronto. I submitted a slideshow presentation and 22 minutes later the founder got back to me. We clicked, the dots connected, and the rest is history.
2. What do you love about what you do? About FormAssembly as a whole?
I get to help customers (small and massive) with web forms, compliance, data governance, and security challenges that range in complexity. I’ve been able to approach this entrepreneurially from day one. I love SaaS and I’ve had a hand in many areas of this business, and I’ve learned a ton along the way. I also get to work with amazing people and travel to some pretty cool places.
I’ve been fortunate to watch FormAssembly grow to over sevenfold in team members that now span eight countries. The FormAssembly culture is a group of caring and passionate people, who have fun when we get together. It is quite special to see, and it’s one of the many reasons why it’s the best gig I’ve ever had.
3. What excites you most about your position and growth opportunity at FormAssembly?
I joined FormAssembly very early as the first hire outside of the United States when we were only a handful of people. We’ve grown many times over in revenue since then and we’re over 50 team members in several countries. It’s exciting seeing several of the people I hired get promoted into various roles at manager and director levels. That’s very rewarding and I’ve been fortunate to travel to some amazing places.
4. What has been your proudest moment at FormAssembly?
There are simply too many. Here are two:
- Seeing the first person I hired get promoted into a marketing specialist position.
- Seeing an SDR lead I recruited, hire two people.
5. What are some of your favorite activities outside of work?
Spending time with my wife and children, time with extended family, playing hockey, running, and reading.
6. What’s something not a lot of people know about you?
Growing up in Newfoundland, we had a Samoyed that used to tow me on a toboggan my grandfather made over the snow and ice for miles. He would chase my parents and friends who were riding on their snowmobiles. I absolutely loved it!
7. If you were a breakfast cereal, what would you be and why?
Oatmeal with blueberries. Complex, long lasting energy.
8. Who was your role model/hero as a child? Why?
My father. He’s one of a kind.
9. What’s your spirit animal? Why?
Dragon – the Chinese Zodiac says so.
Like this post? See the whole team on our team page.