1. Acceptance of Agreement. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER BY CLICKING A BOX INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OR BY EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM THAT REFERENCES THIS AGREEMENT, YOU REPRESENT AND AGREE THAT (i) YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO CONSENT TO THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF SUBSCRIBER, AND (ii) SUBSCRIBER CONSENTS TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT, YOU MUST NOT USE THE SITE. You further agree that checking the box and providing the information requested on the order form constitutes an electronic signature as defined by the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“E-Sign”) and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (“UETA”) and that you have formed, executed, entered into, accepted the terms of and otherwise authenticated this Subscription Agreement and acknowledged and agreed that this Subscription Agreement is an electronic record for purposes of E-Sign, UETA and the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act and as such is completely valid, has legal effect, is enforceable, and is binding on, and non-refutable by Subscriber on whose behalf you are acting. This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, and understandings with respect to the Site, the content, products or services provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Agreement. No modification, amendment, or waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be effective unless in writing and either signed or accepted electronically by the party against whom the modification, amendment or waiver is to be asserted.
2. Copyright. The content, organization, graphics, design and other matters related to the Site are the property of Veer West and are protected pursuant to applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights laws. You are licensed to use our content only as specifically set forth herein. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed, created or downloaded through the Site, with the exception of User information or data. Our posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
3. Trademarks. Veer West marks include, but are not limited to Form Assembly, formassembly.com, Form Builder and Veer West. The Site may also contain marks and trade names of third parties. Unauthorized use of the marks is strictly prohibited.
4. Grant to Subscriber. Subject to each term of this Agreement, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, right and limited license (i) to create Forms; (ii) to access the Site content solely for your internal business purposes; and (iii) to access, query, input, upload, download and otherwise use the data inputted by your Users into the Forms. Subject to each term of this Agreement, we grant Subscriber a non-exclusive, non-transferable, right and limited license to provide a hypertext link from Subscriber’s site or sites on the World Wide Web to the Site in order to provide Users with access to Form(s). We will transmit to the Subscriber, exclusively, the data provided on the Form(s) created by Subscriber. Veer West retains ownership and title of the Site, the related system and software, all materials on the Site (except User data) and any copies thereof. You agree that no title to the Site, the related system and software or intellectual property in the Site or the materials on the Site is transferred to you and that all rights not expressly granted to you hereunder are reserved by Veer West. This Agreement is for a license of intellectual property, and not for the sale of goods (even though some tangible items may be provided) and not governed by the Uniform Commercial Code. Upon completion of all registration information and acceptance of this Agreement, Subscriber will receive a password and an account identifier. Your right to use the Site is not transferable. Any password, account number or right given to a Subscriber to obtain information or documents is not transferable.
5. Our Responsibilities. During the term of the Subscription, we shall: (i) offer you support for use of the Site as per the levels described in the Service Level Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A (“SLA”), (ii) use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Site available as per the service levels set forth in the SLA, and (iii) provide use of the Site only in accordance with applicable laws and government regulations.
6. Subscriber Responsibilities. Subscriber is fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its password and account identifier. Subscriber shall at all times be responsible and liable for any transactions or activities that occur on its account. Subscriber shall immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of its account or of any other breach of security. You will be solely responsible for Forms, including without limitation, the accuracy and appropriateness of content appearing therein, and the final tabulations and application of information provided on the Form(s). You are also responsible for the security of any personal information derived from the Form(s) and delivered to you from Veer West. You may be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement that is caused or incurred by your failure to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
7. Subscriber Conduct. Subscriber will not use the Site or a Form for any activity that is unlawful. Subscriber shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and be solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur with respect to your Form(s) and or under your account or password, including the content of your transmissions through or related to the Site. We may have no control over the content of transmissions to the Site or relating to the Site and will not be liable for content over which we have no control. You shall not use the Site or a Form to store or distribute any images, sounds, messages or other materials that are infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious, or in violation of third-party privacy rights. You shall not use unsolicited email, unsolicited bulk email (“UBE”, “spam”) or other unlawful means to directly or indirectly solicit persons to input data into a Form. You shall not use the Site to store or transmit Malicious Code, interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site. You shall not make the Site available to anyone other than Subscriber, or sell, resell, rent or lease the use of the Site. You shall not collect credit card numbers or bank account numbers using unsecure forms or methods unapproved by us. By way of example, and not as a limitation, in connection with the Site, services, or Forms provided by or through us, you will not, directly or indirectly: • Transmit chain letters, junk email, junk voicemail, junk faxes, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages; • Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent; • Use a false identity or forged email address or header, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to your identity or the origin of your messages; • Transmit unlawful, harassing, libelous, threatening, vulgar, obscene or similarly objectionable material of any kind or nature; • Transmit any material that may infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including trademark, copyright or right of publicity; • Transmit any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs; • Interfere with or disrupt networks or websites connected to the Site or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; • Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, Site servers, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through password mining or any other means; • Interfere with another person’s use and enjoyment of the Site or use and enjoyment of similar services;
8. Suspension of Service. In case of an (i) unauthorized third-party access to the Site, or (ii) a breach of Section 7 (Subscriber Conduct), Veer West may temporarily suspend the Subscriber’s or a User’s use of the Site, without prior notice to Subscriber. Suspension will be to the minimum extent and of the minimum duration required to prevent or terminate the incident. At Subscriber’s written request, Veer West will provide the Subscriber with the reason for the suspension of service and if applicable remediation steps as soon as is reasonably possible.
9. Privacy and Confidentiality of Information. We will not, without the Subscriber’s prior written consent, disclose, and shall keep confidential, any data or information inputted by the Subscriber or the Users of the Forms you create, except for disclosure as required by law or legal service, and to persons who need to know such data or information for purposes of carrying out Veer West’s duties under this Agreement and who have been informed of the terms and conditions of this Agreement as to the confidential nature and treatment of the data or information and have agreed to comply herewith.
10. Security of Information. Veer West shall maintain and implement reasonable and appropriate security procedures consistent with prevailing industry standards and all applicable law to protect your data and confidential information (including, without limitation, any third party’s information that you are required by law, contract or otherwise to maintain as confidential or private) from any “Security Breach” (as defined below). Veer West will use diligent efforts to promptly remedy any Security Breach and prevent any continuation or recurrence of a Security Breach. For purposes hereof, “Security Breach” shall mean any unauthorized access (whether by physical, electronic or any other means) to or unauthorized use of your data and confidential information.
11. Term of Purchased Subscriptions. Subscriber agrees to pay Veer West the subscription fee set forth in the Order Form for the term set forth in the Order Form under the following terms and conditions: a. Subscriptions commence on the day the subscription is purchased and continue for the term specified on the Order Form. All subscriptions shall automatically renew for additional periods equal to the expiring subscription term unless a party gives the other written notice of non-renewal at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the current subscription term. b. The pricing during any renewal term shall be the same as that during the prior term, unless we have give you written notice of a pricing increase at least sixty (60) days before the end of the current term, in which case the pricing increase shall be effective upon renewal and thereafter. If Subscriber is unwilling to pay the new fee, Subscriber may terminate the Agreement by providing written notice to Veer West within thirty (30) days of receipt of the notice of the price increase. Such subscription will then expire by its terms upon the expiration of the then current term. c. With respect to a renewal, all amounts must be paid within thirty (30) days of the due date of the invoice or the amounts shall bear interest at the rate of one and one half percent (1 ½%) per month, or at the highest rate allowed by law, whichever is less, from the due date. All amounts are in US Dollars. d. If Subscriber uses a credit card, debit card, PayPal account or other similar method of payment for the initial payment of the subscription fee, Subscriber authorizes Veer West to automatically use that same method of payment to pay the applicable subscription fee for any renewal under the terms set forth above.
12. Termination for Cause. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, either party may terminate this Agreement for cause: (i) upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors. All sections which by their nature should survive the expiration or termination of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect subsequent to and notwithstanding the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
13. Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, attorneys, employees, agents, and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from and against any liability, loss, claim, damage and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising directly or indirectly from your use of the Site, violation of this Agreement, creation or use of a Form, collection, possession, or use of data derived from a Form, or any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed, or any product sold by, you, your agents, employees or assigns.
14. Disclaimer and Limits. THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING OUR HOSTING AND TRANSMITTING DATA, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES, INCLUDING OUR HOSTING AND TRANSMITTING DATA, MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE EQUAL TO THE FEES PAID TO US FOR ANY GOODS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION WITHIN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING YOUR LOSS.
15. Third-Party Services. The Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked website on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party websites, you do so at your own risk AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY US, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE PERTAINING TO SUCH OTHER WEBSITE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTIES OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO OUR SITE.
16. Force Majeure. We are not liable for damages for any delay or failure to fulfill our obligations under this Agreement to the extent that the failure is due to a Force Majeure Event. A “Force Majeure Event” means acts of war; domestic and/or international terrorism; civil riots or rebellions; quarantines, embargoes and other similar unusual governmental actions; Internet disruptions, hacker attacks, or communications failures; or extraordinary, unforeseen natural disasters or acts of God. To be excused hereunder, our failure to perform must be beyond our reasonable control, must occur without our fault or negligence, may not be caused directly or indirectly by our own conduct or that of our employees, and could not have been prevented or avoided through the exercise of reasonable diligence.
17. Promotional Materials. During the term of this Agreement, you acknowledge that Veer West may list Subscriber’s name, trademarks and service marks on our websites, advertising materials, and lists of customers for the purpose of promoting our services and identifying Subscriber as a current customer of Veer West. Subscriber may terminate the rights granted under this Section 17 at any time upon written notice to Veer West.
18. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Indianapolis, Indiana, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 14 (Disclaimer and Limits) and Section 15 (Third-Party Services). The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in Indianapolis, Indiana. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extraterritorial service of process. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
EXHIBIT A – COMPLIANCE CLOUD SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT (SLA)
• “Covered Service” means the FormAssembly Compliance Cloud instance allocated to the Subscriber.
• A “Service Credit” is a pro-rated dollar credit, calculated as set forth below, that we may credit back to future bills of Subscriber.
2. Service Availability
Veer West shall make commercially reasonable efforts to maintain availability of the Covered Service 99.9% of the time (the “Service Level Objective”), excluding scheduled maintenance time and extraordinary circumstances as described in Section 6 of this Exhibit.
Compliance with Service Level Objective is measured over a calendar month and is based on total outage time incurred by Subscriber. If the Covered Service is unavailable, an “Outage” corresponding to such incident will be measured from the time of the beginning of unavailability until the Covered Service is restored.
The Covered Service shall be considered “Unavailable” when all of the following occur: a) Subscriber is unable to log in, b) no useful work can be performed, and c) form submissions are no longer processed.
3. Service Availability Report
Veer West will provide upon Subscriber’s request a report of actual Services Availability, as recorded by an independent and reputable third-party monitoring service selected by Veer West.
4. Support Availability
Veer West provides support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and via in-app live chat, available once logged into the application. Support is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, EST – excluding major US holidays.
5. Service Credit
In the event that we fail to meet the Service Level Objective in any calendar month, we will credit to you an amount equal to the prorated fees as follows:
Outage Duration: Service Credit
At least .1% but less than .3% One (1) Day
At least .3% but less than .5% Two (2) Days
At least .5% but less than .9% Five (5) Days
At least 1% but less than 2% Ten (10) Days
At least 2% Fifteen (15) Days.
For reference, .1% is equal to 43 minutes and 49.7 seconds.
Service Credit may be used solely for future payments due for the Subscription.
For the purpose of this SLA, the following conditions do not count toward any Outage duration and are not eligible for Service Credits.
(a) Planned downtime, of which we shall give at least 48 hours’ notice via email to the primary contact on record, and which we shall schedule to the extent practical during the weekend hours from 6:00 p.m. US Eastern time Friday to 6:00 a.m. US Eastern time Monday.
(b) Suspension of service as provided in the Subscription Agreement.
(c) Any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God, acts of government, flood, fire, earthquakes, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labor problems (other than those involving our employees), or Internet service provider failures or delays.
7. Service Credit Claim
In order to be eligible for a Service Credit, with respect to any Outage, the Subscriber must submit a Claim to Veer West customer support by the end of the billing month following the billing month in which the Outage occurs.
Veer West will use all information reasonably available to it to validate Claims and make a good faith judgment on whether the SLA apply to the Claim.