Send Conditional Email Notifications
Did you know you can send conditional email notifications to different people based on an answer in your web form?
(Note: You can also send auto-responders to multiple email addresses.)
For example, let’s say your ad agency has a quote form which asks whether the respondent needs copywriting, graphic design, or video services. You want the emails to go to the right department automatically, so no one has to waste time forwarding email. Conditional email notifications will take care of it for you.
Here’s how to set up the notifications with a FormAssembly Professional or Enterprise account:
- Open your form in the Form Builder and click the multiple-choice field that will determine where the notifications will go. In this example, it’s the “What do you need help with?” question.
- Go to Options ➜ Calculations. (If you don’t see the Calculations menu, make sure the “Show advanced features” option is checked.) Check This is a variable.
- Name the variable, e.g., department. For each choice, enter the email address to which you’d like to send the notification.
- Add a hidden field. Open the Calculations menu, check This is a calculated field, and type in the variable you just created.
- Save and go to the Notifications tab of your form.
- At the bottom of the tab, click the Show the list of available aliases link and scroll down to find the alias for your hidden field. In this example, it’s tfa_5.
- Go back to the Notifications tab and enter the hidden field alias into the Send responses to: box.
- Click Apply, then test your form. Done!