FormAssembly has a handy auto-responder feature to send automatic emails to people who fill out your form. You can use ’em as confirmation emails, follow-ups, and more.
But what if you’re collecting multiple email addresses, and you need to send the auto-responder to more than one person?
Here’s how to set it up:
- In the Form Builder, click on each email field, select Options ➜ Validation Rules and set the Expected Input Format to Email.
- Assign a variable to each email field. Open the Options ➜ Calculations settings, check the “This is a variable” checkbox, and enter a variable (e.g., a for the first email field, and b for the second email field).
- Add a text input field. This will be your merge field.
- For your merge field, enable email validation (as in step 1), and open the Options ➜ Calculations settings. Check the “This is a calculated field” checkbox and enter this formula:
where a and b are the variables for your email fields.
- Copy and paste this script to Properties ➜ Custom Code:
- Exit the Form Builder and open the Notifications tab of your form. Set the Email Collection field to your merge field.