New: FormAssembly launches Form Builder 4.1.0
Disclaimer: As of June 2018, Form Builder 5.0 is the default version of the FormAssembly Form Builder. Visit the release blog post to learn about the Form Builder 5.0 improvements.
We’re excited to announce the new Form Builder, version 4.1.0! We’ve fixed numerous bugs and improved the interface. The new version will be rolling out this week for all FormAssembly Starter, Pay-As-You-Go, Basic, and Professional users, and rolling out next week for Enterprise users.
1. Improved Conditional Logic.
You can now easily create complex “AND,” “OR,” and “NOT” rules. We’ve also made it easier for you to find and select fields.
If you want to use the new rules with an existing form, just open that form in the Form Builder. Previously created rules will be automatically converted for you. If you don’t want to change an existing form with the previous logic system, the form will continue to work as before. Check back for more details in an upcoming blog post!
2. You can hide section labels. Just set the Title to “Hide” in the Presentation panel in the sidebar.
3. Improved usability. Heads up! We mention these improvements because they change the interface a bit.
- When you right-click to edit a field, you’ll be able to use the default browser menu to copy the text, spellcheck, and more. To bring up the previous Form Builder menu (Copy / Move Up / Move Down / Add Content Here), just press Shift and right-click.
- When you edit the Form Name or the Form Width under the Properties menu, any changes you make will be applied automatically. You no longer have to click “OK.”
- The “Apply” button for Custom Code is now more visible and easier to access, and the window won’t expand too far when you’re working with extensive code.
We hope FormAssembly is more helpful for you and easier to use! And, if you’ve got a few minutes, we’d really appreciate your feedback for the new Form Builder. Click the button below to tell us about your experience: