How well do you know the awesome people behind FormAssembly? This series is the place to learn all about our incredible team members. This week we’re profiling Molly Baker, our Information Security Engineer.
Name: Molly Baker
Title: Information Security Engineer
FormAssembly Start Date: January 2017
1. What interested you about FormAssembly in the first place?
I was interested in FormAssembly when I saw that it was a small company where I could have a real impact on security policies in the organization. I also liked the fact that I could work remotely.
2. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
I love the fact that I get to do a lot of different things security-wise on a daily basis. A lot of security engineers are sort of stuck working on one specific project. But I get to have a hand in how our infrastructure is set up, our product, and I get to advise our employees on security best practices or any questions they have.
3. What excites you most about your position and growth opportunity at FormAssembly?
The thing I most like about the job is probably helping and educating our employees about security.
4. What are you looking forward to achieving at FormAssembly?
I’m looking forward to continuing to build out and improve our security practices and making our product better and more secure for our customer base.
5. What unique qualities do you bring to the FormAssembly team?
I would say helpful, but I feel like everyone at FormAssembly is very helpful by nature. Maybe detail-oriented.
6. What are some of your favorite activities outside of work?
I just joined a volleyball team! It is super fun but I’m pretty awful to be honest. I also really like to go hiking and bike riding.
7. What’s something not a lot of people know about you?
I like to cook a lot and try new recipes! I am working through this Greek cookbook I bought a few months ago.
8. Who was your role model/hero as a child?
I looked up to my dad a lot as a child. He was always very supportive of me and taught me the importance of optimism in tough situations.
9. What’s your spirit animal?
Hmm, I feel like I’d make a pretty good elephant. They seem gentle and calm.
Like this post? Check out this previous Teammate Highlight featuring one of our Business Development Representatives, Samantha Mestwarp.