Name: Matt Livingston
Title: Systems Infrastructure Engineer
With FormAssembly Since: September 2016
1. What interested you about FormAssembly in the first place?
The remote nature of the company and a small team of talented engineers.
2. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
Architecting scalable and redundant infrastructures to improve not only our uptime month over month but also to create a better end user experience.
3. What excites you most about your position and growth opportunity at FormAssembly?
Growing the knowledge base daily and not getting stagnant is most exciting to me.
4. What has been your proudest moment at FormAssembly?
Migrating our multi-tenant offering to a scalable and updated infrastructure was and still is a very proud moment not only for me but the team as well.
5. What unique qualities do you bring to the FormAssembly team?
A solid work ethic and the ability to truly learn from not only my mistakes but others as well.
6. What are some of your favorite activities outside of work?
I enjoy hunting and fishing, dabbling in woodworking, and playing with my boys.
7. What’s something not a lot of people know about you?
I built my first computer when I was 13 and continued to rebuild it and others. I didn’t use any flavor of Linux until some years later with Red Hat in the early 2000s, that is when the interest really took off and eventually led me to a computer science degree and my career.
8. If you were a breakfast cereal, what would you be and why?
Lucky charms; just enough marshmallows to set it apart from other cereals.
9. Who was your role model as a child?
Looking back now as a father myself, my father was my role model. He always took the time and patience to explain things we had questions about and taught us a true work ethic.
Like this post? Check out this previous Teammate Highlight featuring Mariano Frasisti, VP of Sales.
Interested in joining the FormAssembly team? View open positions!