How well do you know the awesome people behind FormAssembly? This series is the place to learn all about our awesome team members. This week we’re profiling Dustin Phelps, our Marketing Designer.
Name: Dustin Phelps
Title: Marketing Designer
FormAssembly Start Date: February 2017
1. What interested you about FormAssembly in the first place?
FormAssembly’s growing success while still being a fairly young company peaked my interest to find out more about what this company was about and how I might be a part of it. I saw a potential to take the design and the branding of the company forward as it was still in a malleable form.
2. What do you love about what you do? About FormAssembly as a whole?
I love that I get to create aesthetic solutions to marketing and communication problems. I work with an awesome team who are great with helping collaborate ideas and solutions to push a strong message to our target audience. Bottom line: I love to create, and at FormAssembly I get paid to do what I love.
3. What excites you most about your position and growth opportunity at FormAssembly?
At FormAssembly I get to work on high-level projects that range from informational eBooks, which inform potential and current customers about how our product can benefit them, to environmental design such as our booth design for Dreamforce. Additionally, working with the marketing team and learning through the processes has helped my development into a well-rounded designer.
4. What has been your proudest moment at FormAssembly?
My proudest moment at FormAssembly so far would have to be being able to work on the branding guide for the company. I’m essentially establishing an aesthetic that will become solidified as the branding of the company.
5. If your team had to use one word to describe you, what would it be and why?
Friendly. At least that’s what I hope they are calling me behind my back.
6. What are some of your favorite activities outside of work?
Outside of work, I love to go backpacking, kayaking, and challenging my friends to various sports. Mostly, though, when I’m not creating designs for work, I’m creating artwork for myself. Creativity never sleeps.
7. What’s something not a lot of people know about you?
A lot of people might not know that I know Brazilian jiu jitsu, American Sign Language, and am an award winning studio artist.
8. If you were a breakfast cereal, what would you be and why?
Kashi. Because I might not look or taste so great at first, I might even give you the runs, but you’ll eventually see I’m worth keeping around.
9. What’s your spirit animal?
The Honey Badger. Honey Badger don’t care.
Like this post? Check out the previous Teammate Highlight featuring our VP of Marketing, Ashley McAlpin.