How well do you know the awesome people behind FormAssembly? This series is the place to learn all about our amazing team members. This week we’re profiling Andy Hall, Application Security Engineer.
Name: Andy Hall
Title: Application Security Engineer
Time at FormAssembly: 1 year, 9 months
1. What interested you about FormAssembly in the first place?
It was local to me and had an interesting team and product.
2. What do you love about what you do?
It’s good, creative work that solves problems, and I have the freedom to have a good amount of creative control over what I work on.
3. What excites you most about your position and growth opportunity at FormAssembly?
I love being able to be creative when developing new features, and that’s something this company is really good at. They give us ownership of things and let us work to solve the problems.
4. What has been your proudest moment at FormAssembly?
My first big feature was the application logging, which seems about as exciting as watching paint dry. But it was a large requirement for attaining compliance with HIPAA specifications. I was tasked with creating the feature, essentially from scratch, and working it into the existing codebase. The goal of the feature is to have an auditable chain of events detailing who did what. So that in the event of something bad happening, the responsibility can be traced back. It deployed at the start of 2016 after a few months single-handed work on it. It was exclusively back-end work, which is what I tend to do best.
5. What are some of your favorite activities outside of work?
Going to the gym. Walking the dog. Video games. Reading. Netflix.
6. What’s something not a lot of people know about you?
Well, not a lot of Americans seem to know that I don’t, in fact, know the Queen. (Editor’s Note: Andy’s originally from the UK.)
7. If you were a breakfast cereal, what would you be and why?
Lucky Charms because they are cool.
8. What’s your spirit animal? Why?
Ocelot. BABOU?! (Editor’s Note: That’s a reference to the TV show Archer!)
Like this post? Check out the previous Teammate Highlight featuring Kari Shaevitz, our Finance Director.